Newsletter: June 2005
There is a lot going on as it is the end of the school year and the beginning of our summer program, so we have a mid month news letter for you.
- The week between preschool ending and summer camp starting is a great time to have the children who will be 4 by Sept. 1, visit Lynne & Robin’s classroom upstairs. So for the next few weeks and over the summer we will send your child upstairs or to participate with Lynne and Robin’s groups during camp sessions on occasion, to let them get them get used to being with the older children and with Lynne & Robin. We feel that the summer is a great time to make this transition and look forward to spending time with you children. On Tuesday, June 28th, we will hold an informal meeting at 5:30PM to discuss the transition to upstairs and to allow you to take a look around and speak with Robin, Lynne, and Shonna & Keira about your child’s readiness to make the move. Please plan on attending.
- Sadly, as many of you already now, Stephanie will be leaving our program for an opportunity to work at Blue Cross in Rockland. Stephanie has experience and extensive training in office management and computers and was presented with an opportunity too difficult to refuse. Her son Thomas will remain with us while Stephanie pursues her new career, so your children will still see her on a day to day basis. We wish Stephanie success and will miss her as I am sure you will. Her last day is June 24th.
- As of July 5, we will be discontinuing our lunch program for at least the summer. We realize that many of you children have enjoyed “buying” lunch, but with so many mouths to feed, we need to discontinue this service for now. We will enjoy a more picnic like setting for lunch with our campers and ask that you send in a nutritious lunch with a drink and ice pack.
- Please keep track of the weekly camps and include your child’s activity fee with your weekly tuition. Every referral you make for camp will give you a $5.00 credit towards tuition. So if you refer a friend and they sign their child up for 3 camps, you will receive a $15.00 tuition credit. Join the fun.
- Thank you for your support of all the fundraising our parent board has been doing for new playground equipment. We will be continuing this drive and purchasing some new pieces to enhance your child’s summer play.
6. Remember we welcome children through the end of their 9th year of age and offer private Kindergarten for those interested. Please see Lynne or Bobbi if you have any questions regarding these programs.
We hope you enjoyed family fun day and the school year your child has had. We really enjoyed all of them and look forward to a great summer of fun.
Bobbi & Lynne
You cannot rewrite history, but you will have 30 minutes to make any changes or fixes after you post a message. Just click on the Edit button which follows your message after you post it.